Saturday, March 15, 2008

Traffic p.1

"Hello World"

Interested in seeing how many visitors www.TowerOfDefense.com gets and where they come from?

This section will be to show what progress and/or lack of progress I achieve in promoting www.TowerOfDefense.com in hopes of greater traffic. First post of many like this I hope.

I can say that I am pleased that traffic so far has been slowly increasing on a daily basis. The 3 main sources of traffic are in order:
1. referring sites = 51% (sites like digg.com, neatorama.com and paid traffic like Adwords )
2. Direct Traffic = 30% (people that have me bookmarked or type the url and go directly)
3. Search Engines = 19% ( Google 59%, MSN & Live.com at 39%, the rest 2%)

As of yesterday I am averaging 2500 page hits / day. That translates to roughly 600 visitors / day hitting at an average of 4 pages viewed per visitor.

Hopefully through word of mouth and increased rankings in search engines my traffic will continue to grow. :)

No comments: